We’re a well-established accountancy firm and have built up our expertise and experience since being established in 1919.
Although accountancy and tax compliance services are our core strength, we take a more holistic approach to meeting our clients’ needs. When you work with us you can also access our Independent Financial Advisors and make use of our I.T. experience.
“Quality Advice-Quality Service”
These words lie at the heart of what we wish to offer as a firm and are what we stand for. Our partners and employees share a sense of pride in providing Quality Advice and Quality Service to our clients. In return our clients recommend our services to family, friends and business contacts, allowing us to grow both the firm and our reputation. We want our partners, employees and clients to feel proud of our success, knowing that each of them has played a part in that success.
- To provide proactive advice in the way the client wants, when they want it.
- To maintain traditional professional values, matched with a passion and ability to meet the changing needs of clients in a progressive manner.
- To provide a range of services at competitive prices for our clients.
- To provide secure employment in a modern working environment.
- To build and maintain long client relationships based on trust, independence and meeting our clients’ needs.
- To invest in ongoing training for our partners and employees to ensure we deliver “Quality Advice-Quality Service”.
- To keep up to date with technological changes to ensure we meet client needs as the world we operate in changes.
Our reputation has been founded on traditional professional values, matched with a passion and ability to meet the changing needs of clients in a progressive manner, and of course providing first class, reliable advice.
Many clients come to us because they feel their accountancy firm isn’t being proactive enough. If you want a business ally that will be proactive, advise on a wide range of accountancy, business and tax issues, and help your business to grow and develop, you’ve come to the right place.
- Get support as your business develops.
- Someone to turn to for advice and for your peace of mind.
- With 11 experienced partners, there’s always someone who can answer your query.
- Monthly fixed price packages are available to help you budget.
- Because we’re a large accountancy firm with 11 partners and 104 employees, we’re able to match your business with the right people.
- You’ll be assigned one partner to look after your affairs and they will be your main point of contact throughout your relationship with Greaves West & Ayre.
- As your business develops and you need more help and expertise, we can double up partners so you get a wider knowledge base just a phone call away.
- We pride ourselves on having a very low staff turnover, which means our people are experienced and expert in their particular area.
- We also have regular partner meetings where issues are discussed in order to identify the right way to deal with any complex problems you may be facing.
A Chartered Accountant can be invaluable, working with you as a trusted business partner. CAs are:
- Professionally qualified
- Required to undertake continuous professional development to keep up to date
- Bound by a code of ethics to adhere to the highest professional standards
CAs who work in a practice and offer services to the public are:
- Monitored by quality reviews of their professional practices
- Required to have professional indemnity insurance in place
- Required to have a complaints procedure in place
- Subject to disciplinary procedures by their membership body (ICAS)
This combination of comprehensive training, experience and rigorous process are critical to the high standards CAs offer their clients to manage their finances effectively.
Read our guide to understand the services a CA firm can provide and the benefits to you and your business.
Because every business is different, we don’t have standard accountancy fees as such.
Providing our clients with good value is at the heart of what we do. Our fees reflect the time, skill and responsibility of the individuals involved in handling your affairs.
We are keenly aware of the need to be cost-effective and the partner in charge of your affairs will be pleased to discuss our fees in more detail with you.
Premier Protection is a scheme that covers our fees if you are the subject of an investigation by HMRC into your tax affairs. With HMRC investigations looking set to increase, we strongly advise our clients to join our scheme.
5 reasons why you should consider Premier Protection
1. HMRC are becoming increasingly aggressive in their methods to increase tax yield.
2. Premier Protection allows us to work with you, unlike some other schemes that appoint their own representative to work on the case.
3. We can work on the case for as long as required to ensure you get the best possible outcome, without you worrying about escalating accountancy fees.
4. You have access to a Business Support Helpline which gives legal, employment and health & safety advice to your business.
5. The scheme is backed up by a team of investigation specialists who are on-hand for advice and support if and when required.
If you would like to know more about our fee protection service, please get in touch.
As well as being a chartered accountancy practice, our individual partners also bring a range of additional skills, qualifications and experience to the firm.
As one of our clients you’ll receive a personal service from one of our partners who will be your main point of contact. We take the time to get to know our clients and their businesses so we can help with so much more than just accountancy. We see ourselves as a trusted business partner rather than just another service provider.
Visit our team partners page to find out more.
Greaves West & Ayre is a partnership of Chartered Accountants that are registered and authorised by The Institute of Chartered Accountants In England and Wales.
Greaves West & Ayre is registered to carry on audit work in the UK and regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Details about our audit registration can be viewed at www.auditregister.org.uk under reference number C005352083.
VAT Registration Number
176 0865 41
Professional indemnity insurance
In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Services Regulations 2009, our professional indemnity insurer is:-
Chartis Europe Limited
58 Fenchurch Street
FCA Registration Terms & Number
Greaves West & Ayre Wealth Management is a division of Greaves West & Ayre, a firm authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for Investment Business under registration number 100825.